Interested in becoming an Early College mentor? To apply, click here!: https://johncarrolluniversity.wufoo.com/forms/201718-real-early-college-mentor-application/
Why Become a Mentor?
Share your knowledge and experience
Make a difference in a person’s life
Improve leadership and communication skills
Training in Spring 2017:
- In-Person sessions & some online training
Fall 2017-Spring 2018
- In-person sessions with mentee
- Meetings or group activities each semester to help build community among mentors and mentees.
- Email and phone communication in order to provide support for the Early College Student.
- Mentor-mentee meetings are coordinated on an individual basis based on availability of both individuals.
- Mentors should plan on being involved with the program for a minimum of a full academic year.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completed Application
- Interview with Coordinator
- Letter of Recommendation (due at time of interview)
- Background Check (completed after accepted as a mentor)
- Screening through National Sex Offender Registry (done by coordinator at time of interview)